Palermo Blacksmith Shop c.1965. Used with permission of Ross Wark.
Become a Member
As a Trafalgar Township Historical Society member, rest assured that you are contributing to a worthy cause. The benefits of membership are many:
- Know you are playing a vital role to help preserve our local heritage.
- Voice your views at Board and Annual General Meetings.
- Receive 4 newsletters per year.
- Attend presentations by guest speakers
- Participate in our Fall Heritage Fair (end of September)
- Meet fellow members with similar interests.
- Visit our archives free of charge throughout the season.
Click here for more details on the benefits of membership.
There is so much to explore in the Trafalgar Township Historical Society archives. Many of our visitors love what they have seen and learnt and have generously donated to the continued development of the society.
We meet in the heritage Palermo School House at 2341 Dundas Street West, Oakville, Ontario (just east of Regional Road 25).
- We continue to restore and encourage community use of the Palermo School House.
- We campaign to protect the status of the local heritage properties in the Township.
- We advocate heritage preservation through plaques, street names and park names.
- We research local houses, villages and communities.
And we do all of this with no assistance from public funding which is why ongoing financial support is essential.
As a registered charity, your donation is vital to help us with our work.
We are also in need of volunteers to help with:
- assisting with the members’ newsletter
- documenting our archives
- completing research on local families, homes and communities
- being a guest speaker
- assisting at our Fall Heritage Fair
- joining the board in new roles
- maintaining building and our small front garden